Chia pudding for breakfast is a recipe characterized by its excellent nutritional content. Besides being easy to prepare, it helps us get energy early in the morning. We tell you about the properties and how to prepare these delicious chia puddings.
Chia pudding for breakfast is the perfect way to start the day with more energy. It is a source of vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, proteins, and other nutrients that promote our well-being.
Chia pudding for breakfast is a small dish characterized by its excellent nutritional content. Besides being easy to prepare, this pudding helps us get energy early in the morning. Today we will tell you about the properties and how to prepare these delicious chia puddings. Don’t miss this article!
Chia pudding for breakfast: The importance of eating breakfast
To begin with, let’s talk about the importance of eating breakfast. Since it is the first meal of the day, it can contribute to a better quality of our diet, better energy levels and thus greater well-being. This is true as long as we make good choices about what we eat.
A study published in the medical journal Hospital Nutrition shows that many researchers believe that eating a healthy breakfast can be associated with better nutritional intake and better nutritional quality in the diet throughout the day.
Properties of chia seeds
Chia seeds, Salvia hispanica , have been eaten by humans for more than 5,000 years. They are particularly famous for being one of the most important foods found in the Mayan and Aztec diets. Their characteristics show their excellent nutritional potential because they:
- Contains protein (mainly prolamins) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6)
- Provides B vitamins and minerals (potassium, magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus)
- Contains antioxidants (mainly chlorogenic and caffeic acid, quercetin, and kaempferol)
- Helps provide a certain amount of soluble fiber
Thanks to these properties, many studies have shown the therapeutic effects of this seed on non-communicable diseases. Specialists have been able to prove the following:
- First, they help lower blood sugar levels, waist circumference, and body weight in obese individuals.
- They also help control blood pressure and cholesterol levels, which protect against cardiovascular disease.
- Finally, according to a study published in the scientific journal Molecules, kaempferol found in chia seeds and other foods has anticarcinogenic potential (mainly skin, liver, and colon cancer). Of course, more studies are needed to prove these effects.
Regardless, doctors recommend including this very healthy food in our regular diet to benefit from its properties. So why not learn how to make a delicious chia pudding for breakfast?
Recipe for a good chia pudding for breakfast
A delicious chia pudding can help you get a complete and healthy breakfast. It does not provide excessive calories, but it provides energy and provides nutrients necessary for your health.
- 3-4 tablespoons chia seeds (45 g)
- 2.5 dl vegetable or animal milk
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or sweetener of your choice (5 g)
- Vanilla and cinnamon to taste
- Add fruit you like and some muesli or whole grain products such as oatmeal etc.
This is how you make your chia pudding for breakfast
- First, mix a chia seed, milk, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl or porcelain mug.
- Then, once the ingredients are mixed, let them stand for 5 minutes. Then stir well.
- Cover the mixture with a lid and refrigerate for one to two hours, or overnight. The chia pudding should have a thick (non-runny) consistency.
- Take it out of the fridge when time has passed and it has reached the expected consistency.
- Top with fruit and berries to taste.
Include chia seeds in your breakfast
Chia seeds are a very complete food that is perfect for breakfast, as it provides nutrients that increase our energy and vitality. Best of all, we can incorporate these little seeds into a quick and tasty recipe like a pudding, and combine them with fruit and grains to taste!