This eggless carrot cake is a delicious and very easy dessert to make. You just need a few vegetable ingredients and a good blender.
Vegetarian carrot cake is a really good dessert thanks to the good ingredients and how they are combined. In this recipe, we add a decent amount of mixed nuts, which gives the cake good nutritional value.
Many recipes often use too many dairy products and eggs, which makes the dessert too fatty.
The following recipe for vegetarian carrot cake does not contain these ingredients and thus becomes a healthier dessert. This is a dessert recipe that contains only vegetable ingredients.
This low-calorie dessert contains very little fat but has good nutritional value thanks to the carrot, nuts, and the fruits that we are going to use. Read on and we will explain the recipe step by step.
Vegetarian carrot cake
- A pinch of salt.
- Ground cinnamon (to taste)
- 2 ¼ cups raw sugar
- Ground orange peel
- 3 dl honey
- 1 ¼ d chopped walnuts
- 4 dl grated carrot
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or vegetable butter
- 4 ¾ dl wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cranberries or raisins (45 g)
- Optional: toasted slivered almonds or shelled, unsalted peanuts, dairy-free glaze (for decoration)
- Put all the dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar) in a bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Chop the nuts a little (to taste).
- Heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Put the butter or pour the oil into a small saucepan, stir in the honey and sugar, and heat until the sugar starts to melt.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir with a spoon so that everything is well-mixed.
- Add the raisins and the chopped nuts and stir again.
- Then add the grated carrot and stir. Now the batter should be quite thick.
- Grease a cake tin with a little vegetable oil and pour in the cake batter.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Then take the cake out and let it cool (in the tin) at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
- When your vegetarian carrot cake has cooled, put it on a serving plate and decorate it as you like.
Note! It should be said that since this dessert is quite compact, it can feel a little dry if you don’t make an additional frosting to spread over the cake. For example, you can prepare the following dairy-free frosting:
Dairy-free glaze for vegetarian carrot cake
- ½ dl sunflower oil
- 2 ½ dl soy milk
- 3 tbsp almonds or cashews (45 g)
- Optional: 2 tablespoons raw sugar (30 g)
- Soak the almonds in plenty of water for at least two to four hours to soften them.
- When they are soft, pour them into a bowl together with oil and soy milk.
- Mix everything with an immersion blender. It is important to keep the mixer completely still at the beginning until the mixture reaches a consistency that can be mixed well.
- Strain the mixture in a cloth and squeeze out well.
- Leave the resulting liquid in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, you’ll have a dairy-free frosting thick enough to decorate your carrot cake.
Another recipe for dairy-free frosting
- Water or vegetable milk
- A pinch of salt
- 2 ½ dl Mandel
- 2 ½ cups cashews
- Optional: 1 to 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- As in the previous recipe, soak the almonds and cashews for at least 4 hours.
- When they are soft, put the nuts in a bowl together with water or vegetable milk.
- Add a pinch of salt, and a little sugar if you like.
- Mix all the ingredients without touching the stick blender so that the mixture can be mixed well.
- Strain through a cloth and squeeze the cloth well (so you retain most of the liquid) and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight and you can use the glaze to decorate your cake the next day.
Since it is a vegetarian carrot cake we have prepared today, we have of course chosen to decorate it with a vegetarian glaze. There are also other vegetarian options to choose from as a garnish.